Helen is a graduate of the University of Birmingham with a degree in Physics and a PhD in Materials Science sponsored by the Ministry of Defence involving rare earth magnetic materials and heat engines. She joined the firm in 1993 and became a partner in 2001.
Helen handles patent cases in physics, materials science and general mechanical engineering. She handles the drafting and prosecution of patent applications and advises on clearance searches and infringement matters. Helen has considerable trade mark experience before the UK Trade Marks Registry and the European Union Intellectual Property Office in relation to prosecution of trade mark applications, opposition and invalidity proceedings, and undertakes trade mark clearance searches. She advises clients on development of their intellectual property strategy and brand management.
- Devices based on physics principles
- Computer implemented inventions
- Mechanical and structural engineering
- Verification and authentication technology
- Imaging technology, including optical devices and microscopy